Thanks very much for the quick reply. It looks like the code
generation option "symbols hidden by default" is the one that needs to
be turned off. I was looking under "stripping" before.

After turning that setting off, 'nm -m' reports

00001f9c (__TEXT,__text) external _SomeFunction

instead of

00001f9c (__TEXT,__text) non-external (was a private external) _SomeFunction

and linking succeeds ...

--
http://www.mildmanneredindustries.com/