Hi,

Ok, I will file this as a bug.

Kind regards,

Anders Lassen

On Feb 16, 2009, at 8:28 AM, Bill Bumgarner wrote:

Can you file a bug, please, and attach either your project or a binary along w/steps to reproduce using said example?

http://bugreport.apple.com/

thanks,
b.bum

On Feb 15, 2009, at 11:16 PM, Anders Lassen wrote:

Hi,

I am working on a small Cocoa application, which uses a TableView to display information that is collected from an internet site. A timer reloads the TableView every second.

The problem is that everytime the timer reloads the TableView, about 5 - 20 MB of memory is used (depending on how many rows there are in the tableview).

After running a while, all free memory is used on the computer, and it begins to swap.

I have figured out that this happens due to the following conditions:

- The garbage collector is on
- A timer is used for reload
- A column contains a Check Box Cell

Ergo, the problem vanish, if I:

- turn the garbage collector off
- or reload manually
- or remove the Check Box Cell

I am a bit surprised about this, since I guess that other may have ran into to the same problem.

Note that the program is very simple. The main window only contains a TableView with one column, which has 10 rows. Each cell contains a Check Box Cell.

The code is:

@implementation Controller

-(void)awakeFromNib
{
timer = [[NSTimer scheduledTimerWithTimeInterval:1 target:self selector:@selector(timer:) userInfo:nil repeats:YES] retain];
}

- (int)numberOfRowsInTableView:(NSTableView *)aTableView
{
 return 10;
}

-(void)timer:(NSTimer*)timer