On Feb 16, 2009, at 4:17 PM, Walker Argendeli wrote:

Not long ago, I created a Cocoa app project in Xcode. I've been happily chugging away on the interface for a little while now, when I realized that I wanted to use Core Data. The problem is, I've been using subversion, so have multiple versions of my .xib, as well as several other files, and I want to continue in the same project. Would converting my project to use core data be as simple as adding a Data model and MySchoolPlanner_AppDelegate?

In fact, it's as simple as adding a data model and writing some code to use it; you don't have to use the app delegate from the data model. The data model, app delegate, and file structure set up by the Xcode templates are just there to help you start out when creating a new project. They aren't a necessary part of an app that uses Core Data.

You can just set up a new data model in Xcode and instantiate an NSManagedObjectModel from it to use with a Core Data persistence stack.

  -- Chris