Follow up: I filed a bug report on this issue, number 6593625.

Markus

On 16 Feb 2009, at 16:42, Markus Guhe wrote:

Hello all,

I have this problem:

1. Drag and drop a video or audio file into an NSTextView (or set the text storage programmatically to an attributed string with such an attachment) 2. a) Set the attributed string of the view's text storage programmatically to a different string
  b) Alternatively: delete the video/audio file
3. The video/audio file is still displayed (it can be played back) but it is definitely not part of the text storage any more. (This can be seen, for example, by moving the insertion point in the text view.)

This only happens if garbage collection is on. Without GC everything works as expected.

Here is a simple example project:
http://markusguhe.net/slipbox/error/NSTextViewVideo.zip

Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated as this messes up my application ...

Markus

--
m.g...@ed.ac.uk
http://markusguhe.net/prof/

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

This email sent to m.g...@ed.ac.uk