Hi all
I am going through Kochan's new book to learn Obj-C and cocoa..trying to start with the basics...so hope you don't mind if I post some very basic questions....

Going through the exercises, I am currently stuck on this one as follows.

"Given the NSPathUtilities.h function NSTemporaryDirectory and the NSProcessInfo methodgloballyUniqueString described in this chapter, add a category called TempFiles to NSString, and in it define a method called temporaryFileName that returns a different, unique filename every time it is invoked."

My question, having seen that the author creates and then stores these unique names in the NSTemporaryDirectory, is **why** one would choose that directory over, say, some locally created directory..is there a good OOP reason for choosing that Foundation directory? Unless I have missed something, ( quite probably) the documentation does not specifically discuss this aspect...but if it does...I will gladly read that if available.

Thanks in advance