> All your questions are answered in the documentation.

[Jon C. Munson II] No, they aren't.  The specific questions relative to the
specific methods are generally answered in the documentation (which I
consulted before I posted originally).  Additionally, the section on
Creating and Deleting Managed Objects isn't specific enough in my case to
support my theories. Certain methods in the OP I'm not asking about.  What I
asked was for implementation advice - specifically, and reading between the
lines, if I need to populate default data, is it safe & correct to do that
within the application delegate's class method -persistantStoreCoordinator
method (this is the boiler plate code that is generated by Xcode), and also
if my thinking on how to actually add those records was correct & complete.

I also checked Core Recipes, but only saw where an object was copied (I may
have missed an in-code add w/ attribute population), so that didn't answer
my questions either.

Thus, I posted.