Namaste!

I'm working on populating some entities with records just after when the
physical file of the store is created  (this would typically happen on
install and generally only once).  These records are generally for
application use and won't be managed by the end user.

In my app delegate's class implementation file there's a
-persistentStoreCoordinator method that returns the
persistentStoreCoordinator.  As part of functionality therein, it calls the
-addPersistentStoreWithType method which either returns an instance of an
existing store or creates a new store and then returns that instance.
Unfortunately, I don't see a way to know if that file was actually created
during that method call (without checking for a file before the call to
-addPersistentStoreWithType).

Is there a more elegant way to check whether the store had to create the
file, etc. (and what is it), or do I need to actually look for it, etc.,
first?

If the latter, would checking for the file on disk be better than obtaining
a record count from an entity?

Many thanks in advance!!! :D

Peace, Love, and Light,

/s/ Jon C. Munson II