On 23.02.2009, at 16:50, Eric Gorr wrote:

I am not sure I understand this.

Are you are saying is that you looked for the NSTextView being used as the field editor for the NSTextField and then removed the NSTextView from it's superview?

I tried this:

id fieldEditor = [[aNotification userInfo] objectForKey:@"NSFieldEditor"];
[fieldEditor removeFromSuperview];

Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Yes. The superview of the fieldeditor is some clipping view (I forgot the class). Unfortunately, after starting to edit the view hierarchy looks something like this:

NSTextCellView
  NSxxxClipView
    fieldeditor

So in my loop I create an NSLog line for each view "above" the fieldeditor until I figured
what my control view was.

Warning! The ugly sample code hacked for my test is here:

http://oscar.homelinux.net/MultiCellView.zip

Please don't complain ;)
Patrick