On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Michael Ash <michael....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Note that there's no need to add the qualifier "most complicated"
> here. *All* applications load resources lazily, simply because OS X
> uses memory-mapped executables.

  I thought I remembered reading this, but I couldn't remember and was
too lazy to look it up, so I didn't comment on this. :-)

  So, assuming Quincey's point is valid but outside the influence of
the Cocoa app, in answer to Erik's post, we have two reasons:

1 - Resource loading.
2 - Memory-mapped executables.

  Both of these affects are avoidable if the executable is *really
small* and loads all resources at once. :-)

--
I.S.