On 2009 Feb 25, at 16:19, Dave Fernandes wrote:

Yes, the one fetched from the persistent store may still be a fault if you have not tried to access any attributes yet.

Further testing shows that it does become a fault if I change an attribute and then delete the Employee. That's ^changing^ an attribute. But certainly the firstName, lastName and salary were ^accessed^ before that, because they show in the UI as soon as I open the document.

But let me get to the more important question, Dave. You said in your first post that you are using KVO, yet you were the one who discovered that a managed object's observer goes away when you delete and then undo the delete. Do you have a solution for this problem, or are you just living with it?