This might have some bearing: In Cocoa Recipes for Mac OS X, pg. 212; Bill Cheeseman writes that "There are two ways in which you can create a third button..." This is where you need more than the two button group. He says you can use the info panel to change the number of rows. Then he goes on to say: "The easier method is to Opton-drag the bottom border of the matrix and watch as new buttons appear before your eyes."

The first method, using the info panel did not work for me. My note for when I ran into this problem a while back, reads 'bug is it sends correct tag for 0,1 but always sends 0 for cells greater than 1.'

I had correct operation when using the Option-drag method.

Hope this is your problem.

Marcus