I have a custom subclass of an NSTextFieldCell that draws a right- aligned "badge" (like Mail.app's unread count). The column that uses the custom cell autoresizes with the width of the NSTableView (which resizes with the window).

The problem:

When the width of the column expands quickly, the cell width doesn't resize smoothly and seems to have ghosting.

My drawing code seems to be working, but appears to be drawing "under" a cached version from the original width. It's as if, my draw is happening correctly, but a cached image is being placed over top anyway.

Is there a way to make the column resize smoothly and draw correctly?