On Mar 1, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Quincey Morris wrote:

On Mar 1, 2009, at 09:55, Andrew Merenbach wrote:

MyProgram(11418,0xb0103000) malloc: free_garbage: garbage ptr = 0x10f9180, has non-zero refcount = 1 MyProgram(11418,0xb0103000) malloc: free_garbage: garbage ptr = 0x10f9da0, has non-zero refcount = 1

Is this a known issue with popup buttons in toolbars in GC apps that are set to be pulldown, at least when they're configured in IB and are in xibs?

It's a known issue. You get this message when your app loads one of the system-supplied template images from the IB library window. The message (and the underlying problem) is harmless, though annoying.

Thanks for your response, Quincey. I had seen this post on CocoaBuilder:

<http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/message/cocoa/2007/10/29/191654>

--but I'm not directly using any of the images, at least not any more in a pulldown than in a popup (unless I'm mistaken, which I probably am), so I thought it was a little strange that I was getting such a message.

As long as it's harmless, though, I'll be fine.  Thanks once again!

Cheers,
        Andrew