On Mar 3, 2009, at 7:27 AM, Mark D. Gerl wrote:

So, I need to tap into some NSMenu events - most notably the menuNeedsUpdate: delegate method. However, when I call the setDelegate: of my NSMenu that's attached to my NSStatusItem, the icon shows, and highlights when clicked, but the menu never pops and the delegate method is never called.

I've googled until I'm blue in the face. There's hints of some reversed engineered private classes, but it seems to me that the api is there to do what I need, between NSMenu and NSStatusItem.

What, pray tell, am I doing wrong?

Can you please show your code? I've done this before, and it worked when I tried it.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>