I am drawing a string with a NSLayoutManager by doing:

[layoutManager drawGlyphsForGlyphRange:glyphRange atPoint:NSMakePoint( [self bounds].origin.x,[self bounds].origin.y )];

What I would like is if the string I am drawing goes beyond the last visible line, is for the string to draw a truncated form of itself with an elipses at the last visible part of the string.

As near as I can tell, this is what the NSString drawing option NSStringDrawingTruncatesLastVisibleLine will do.

The paragraph style NSLineBreakByTruncatingTail comes close, but I have a single string that can be drawn over multiple lines and still be visible. The NSLineBreakByTruncatingTail style restrict my drawing to just a single line which isn't enough.

Anyone tried to emulate NSStringDrawingTruncatesLastVisibleLine with NSLayoutManager drawing?

Is there any sample code out there demonstrating the technique?