On Mar 4, 2009, at 9:49 PM, Benjamin Dobson wrote:

On 4 Mar 2009, at 20:17:21, Francois Cournoyer wrote:

Hi,

We have an installer app that runs from the root folder of a thumbdrive like device, The installer is ran from a subfolder or from subfolder on a hard disk works correctly. The problem is when it runs from the root of the thumbdrive, everything seems to be installing fine, but there’s 1 area which seems to fail. We create a plist file for preferences in users/shared/Application Support/myApp/myApp.plist

I know this is a trivial question, but you are using a leading / in the path you try to save (just asking cause it's not in your mail).

Olivier./.

for some reason, the creation of this file fails, but works if it’s launched for a subfolder on the same drive.

Is there anyway to fix this? (the installer is already running with Admin rights)

Probably, but is there any reason you can't create the plist on first launch instead of install? _______________________________________________

http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/cocoa-dev/olivier%40sunprotectingfactory.com

This email sent to oliv...@sunprotectingfactory.com