I really really really hate to cross-post this, but I'm not sure which list to send this to.

I have an extremely simple application playing three QuickTime movies in three QTMovieLayers. When the movie ends I simply restart it from within the notification callback. That and fading the opacity of the layers is the only remotely "tricky" thing I'm doing in the entire application, but a client is report *weird* crashes on the final machine the app will run on. (On my own, and other machines here and there it works just fine).

The crash reports are at:
http://www.sethwillits.com/temp/QTCoreAnimationCrashes.zip

One of the weird things is that there are hundreds of threads in each report:

Thread 43:
0   libSystem.B.dylib                   0x919b04e2 semaphore_wait_trap + 10
1 QuickTimeH264.scalar 0x2831a6eb JVTCompEncodeFrame + 3088012
2   ???                                 0x262762e0 0 + 640115424

The actual crashed thread and stack are different in almost every one of the 8 crashes I have. There's no pattern to it. One the stack traces for the *entire* crashed thread is:

Thread 0 Crashed:
0 QuickTimeH264.scalar 0x28c55796 JVTCompEncodeFrame + 3284791

And it's thread 0 for crying out loud!

I'd bet the farm that it's not my fault, so really the only thing I can think of is a crazy memory smashing bug somewhere in QT or Core Animation.

Could anyone look at some of these and see if anything stands out?

I really have no idea what to do. ;'-(

--
Seth Willits