On Mar 8, 2009, at 1:52 AM, Stuart Malin wrote:

I'm trying to watch for changes in the selection of a tableView managed by an NSArrayController. I set up an observer:

        [mArrayController addObserver:self
                forKeyPath:@"selectionIndex"
NSKeyValueObservingOptionNew
                context:NULL];

When the -observedValueForKeyPath:... method is invoked, the change dictionary has entries for the new and old value, but they are both NSNull.

According to the NSArrayController docs, the selectionIndex is an observable property. Why might I not be getting the index values?

Known bug. Search for "(Missing) KVO notification old and new values" at this page: http://homepage.mac.com/mmalc/CocoaExamples/controllers.html

You'll have to query the property for the new value and keep track of any old value yourself.

Regards,
Ken