Hi,

I have a little app that needs a username & password to log into some web service. These user credentials should be stored permanently so that the user doesn't have to enter them after each start of the application again.

What's the most common way to do this? In a .plist file? But how does one encrypt the password? What does Apple suggest?

I googled and searched developer docs -- to no avail.

A pointer to a webpage, tutorial, document, code snippet would be cool!

Thanks a lot,
Stefan.