On 6 Mar 2009, at 02:24, Shawn Erickson <shaw...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 8:58 AM, m <mlist0...@gmail.com> wrote:
For the archives, the blog Torsten linked to had this bit of code:

double CGSSecondsSinceLastInputEvent(long evType);
double idleTime = CGSSecondsSinceLastInputEvent(-1);

You should note that those are private / undocumented API ...so you
shouldn't use them.
This might be undocumented (at least I failed to find any documentation) but it's use is highly recommended by Apple: " Instead [of NXIdleTime], we strongly encourage developers to make use of the CGSSecondsSinceLastInputEvent API."

Quoted from: /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/ Headers/hidsystem/event_status_driver.h on 10.5.6.

Gerriet.