Bonjour would be an excellent way to find clients and servers, yes.

Have a look at NSStream, CFStream, and CFNetwork, NSNetServices, CFNetServices. They are all things you may want to consider using.

NSNetServices and CFNetServices Programming Guide
Bonjour Overview
Stream Programming Guide for Cocoa

Those guides will also get you started.