I'll take a look at that, thank you!

On Mar 18, 2009, at 8:52 PM, Steven Riggs wrote:

Hey Frank,

I have a sample project that stores dictionary objects in user defaults with no code. Check it out: http://idisk.mac.com/steven.riggs-Public?view=web

DictionaryInDefaults.zip

I hope it helps.

Steven Riggs
http://www.stevenriggs.com

On Mar 18, 2009, at 8:14 PM, Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote:

I have an interesting puzzle on my hands, hoping someone here can help.

I want to store an array of dictionaries as preferences.

Each dictionary will have two keys; one is a string which will appear in an NSTableView for identification purposes.

My initial approach here was to create an NSArrayController using Interface Builder, leave the class name at the default NSMutableDictionary, and bind the NSTableView column to that controller, using the key for each dictionary within the array.

The NSArrayController has its Content Array bound to Shared Defaults using a key I picked for storing in the preferences file.

This all goes fine until I try to rename the dictionary (change that bound string) within the table view. While the name changes in the view, if I retrieve the array and append a new object, then set the preferences back, using code, all of the names revert back to the originals.

I think what may be happening is that the table view is getting the dictionary objects from the array controller and updating the keys of the dictionary, but the dictionary itself never gets synced back to the preferences?

Any thoughts on an easy way around this?

I did check "Continuously Updates Value" for the column's binding, but that seems to make no difference.

Thank you for any advice on this!

Frank D. Engel, Jr.  <fde...@fjrhome.net>

$ ln -s /usr/share/kjvbible /usr/manual
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
$

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
          http://www.doteasy.com