Le 22 mars 09 à 23:37, mm w a écrit :

Because I am like this I won't do the job for you, I will only point
you directions, that's it

Google "garbage collection", it's naive to think that's a "linear" tree.

What Bill told you is right, and my comment is following his thought

Avoiding circular refs: in 95% of cases it can be avoided, by
refactoring his work,
taking a pen and a white paper... and think

I don't understand your point here.

Circular references have not to be avoid. They are not an error.

As previously mention, the garbage collector tracks root objects, and so it should properly deal with circular references.

In a reference counted world, they are valid too, as long as the who retain who policy is properly designed.