On Mar 23, 2009, at 1:13 PM, Walker Argendeli wrote:

When i do this, however, every time I switch back to another item, the level defaults back to 1. Also, I checked that chapter in Hillegass's book, and it had an example where it used Car.selection.condition, so it seems that selection is the right controller key. The bindings in general are just really funky. I added a stepper and textbox in addition to the level indicator, and bound them to Item.selection.priority, and they too default back to 1 (the default value) every time I go to another item. The Item array controller's Content Set is bound to ItemsList.selection.Item That's the only binding, other than the managed object context. I really can't figure out what's causing this problem, which is annoying because I'm trying to focus on fixing this before I continue development.

Your descriptions make no sense. When referencing binding key paths, make them relative to the controller, and not to the model. I assume that when you say "Item.arrangedObjects.priority" you really mean "NSARRAYCONTOLLER.arrangedObjects.priority". This is a critical distinction, as the two paths are nowhere near the same.

Ok, so you have an entity "Item", and you have an NSArrayController with Content Set bound to ItemsList.selection.Item. What is ItemsList, and why does it exist? What controller is providing content to the table view?

Generally the proper approach is: 1. array controller with bound MOC that either performs its own fetch or is populated programmatically; 2. tableview bound (technically, columns are bound) to that array controller; 3. detail items (level indicator and stepper) bound to arraycontroller.selection.property (where arraycontroller is the controller specified in #1).

That should be all there is to it.