In NSString theres -intValue, -floatValue, -doubleValue, but no - hexValue (that I can find). I'd like to convert ascii hex NSStrings (@"001A4CD3" etc) into integer values. Having a -hexValue method would make that a snap. If theres no Cocoa way, I guess I could try my hand at writing a category(?) method on NSString using sscanf with %x.