On Mar 19, 2009, at 10:11 AM, Michele Barboni wrote:

Hi,

I've a NSSegmentedControl, 7 segments (labeled with weekdays), which has selectedIndex bound through a value transformer (NO reverse transformation) to NSDates.
Now, one of my awakeFromNib do this:

[sedutaDays setTarget:self];
[sedutaDays setAction:@selector(setWeekDay:)];
[sedutaDays setContinuous:YES];

setWeekDay: essentially change the day of the NSDate which NSSegmentedControl is bound to, by accessing the NSArrayController, selectedObjects:, objectAtIndex:0, and so on..

The problem is that my setWeekDay: action is sent only if I click the selected segment (set by binding), clicking on any of other 6 segments results in an attempt to reverse transform the value, which obviously fail with "[NSCFNumber timeIntervalSinceReferenceDate]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x1019a40" since my value transformer doesn't reverse..

Any idea why it seems that only selected segments has setAction: ?

Passed two last days trying to understand why my NSSegmentedControl has this behavior but nothing came out.. I'm very disappointed..