On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Barry Fawthrop <ba...@isscp.com> wrote:
> Writing an app for the iPhone
>
> (1) In tracing the packet from my app using wireshark
>    I see that all UDP packets sent from app to server has
>    UDP checksum error.  Why would this be ?   How to adrress this ?

My guess would be a fault in wireshark. Try it with some other UDP
software and see if it has the same error. Manually compute the UDP
checksum and see if it matches.

> (2) sending a packet it bombs out on the recvmsg(socket, msp_p, flags);
>    Previous frame inner to this frame (gdb could not unwind past this frame)

Hard to say anything about this without seeing the actual code in
question. It would also be handy to see the exact stack trace that gdb
produces.

> (3)
> Aside I also had an LWP_SP error I had to set this to 9 to get working where
> Mac OS X was originally set to 16 and works well on macbooks and mac pros
> Why is there a change for the iPhone ?
>
> at the time is crashed with line 1987 .... macosx-nat-inferior.c   ....

What's the exact error, and how do you set it from 9 to 16? What
crashed, what was your code, what was the stack trace of the crash?

Basically, we need a whole lot more information before we can say too
much about any of this....

Mike