Indeed. I actually already knew that - performSelector:withObject:afterDelay: executes in the caller's thread but, in n my haste to throw together a quick test, succumbed to my thread-safety obsession (thanks to years of Java programming). No harm, though.

I ended up doing something sligthly different. I collect all the subviews-to-be in an array, then repeatedly fire a timer that grabs one view and adds it as a subview to the superview in question.

The issue remains, though, whether this is the right/best approach. I'm still open to alternative ways and suggestions, if someone would like to jump in.

( For a refresher on the original question, here's the archive link to it:

http://lists.apple.com/archives/cocoa-dev/2009/Mar/msg02058.html )

As always, I'm grateful for any responses.

Wagner