On Apr 3, 2009, at 4:14 AM, Aaron Scott wrote:

I'm trying to figure out how to be able to drag an NSImageView around. The NSImageView has been added as a subview to another NSImageView.

Basically, I'm trying to drag a grey box around over the top of a picture. I can programmatically move it around but I can't seem to find the right code to allow me to drag it around.

You don't actually drag a *view*, you drag an image. Pedantic, perhaps, but important.

When you start a drag, you specify the image that will be dragged. See NSView's -dragImage:at:offset:event:pasteboard:source:slideBack:, as well as "Dragging Sources" in the "Drag and Drop Programming Topics for Cocoa" reference.