Memo Akten wrote:

I'm using -[NSDictionary writeToFile:atomically:] so I guess this isn't an option. But seeing as this file will not exist unless it was created by my app, and neither will the containing folder which I will create with full permissions, any file created in this folder will inherit the parents permissions?

No, it won't. Neither files nor dirs inherit permissions from the enclosing folder when being created. That's why it's important that you understand what the defaults are, how umask affects them, and what the parameters to the function do. This is covered in the man pages or other references. Please read them.

  -- GG