Hello.

In my application, i need some parts of the text in my NSTextView to be editable and some not. However, the user should be able to navigate through those non-editable parts, but the cursor (the flickering thing showing the insertion point) gets invisible as soon as it gets into a non-editable part. The best I've come up with so far is to replace it by the "find indicator", but it flickers as the user moves it along the line and it disappears after a short while when the user stops moving the cursor, which, i believe, would be annoying to the user. And the second thing is that the insertion point doesn't move downwards or upwards when the corresponding arrow keys are pressed. It is only possible to move it left or right. Is there a way either to make the insertion point remain visible or a better thing to replace it with than the find indicator?
Is there a way to make it move up and down as well as left and right?

Thank you for your replies in advance.
Timofey.