On Apr 5, 2009, at 10:19 AM, I. Savant wrote:

On Apr 5, 2009, at 3:56 PM, Stuart Malin wrote:

I need to convert strings that contain HTML entities (e.g., ’ or &#gt;).

 To what?

If you want it to be an attributed string, there's always the - [NSAttributedString initWithHTML:...] methods (in the NSAttributedString AppKit additions). If you just want to strip the HTML, you can then ask the attributed string for its -string ...

The source is not HTML tagged, but contains HTML entities.

see:
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_entities.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XML_and_HTML_character_entity_references

So, for instance, I want to convert "-->"  to "-->"

No need for an attributed string.