Michael Dautermann wrote:
>> I'm working on a project for the  iPhone
>>
>> original it was c++ based and has the following lines
>>
>> #include <kern/locks.h>
>> #include <kern/thread.h>
>>
>> It comes back with
>> No such file or directory
>>
>> Yet I have
>> Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Versions/A/Headers/kern/locks.h
>> Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Versions/A/Headers/i386/locks.h
>> Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Versions/A/Headers/libkern/locks.h
>
> Hello Barry,
>
> iPhone doesn't have the Kernel framework to work with.  Those files you have
> found are all Macintosh-only things.
>
> You'll have to use different locking mechanisms.

Thanks Michael
Can you suggest some learning resources on how to (a) learn more and (b)
accomplish an iPhone "acceptable" locking mechanism for the iPhone.

And seeing your domain is mac.com
Can you suggest why the Kernel framework was not developed for the iPhone ?
I have also noticed that the Kerberos framewotk was also not developed for the
the iPhone either.