On Apr 8, 2009, at 7:13 AM, Daqi Pei wrote:

I've been trying to create a Cocoa GUI application without IB. Everything
works fine except for the NSMenu.
After digging over the internet I found a solution from '
http://lapcatsoftware.com/blog/2007/06', by using some undocumented methods
and member variables.

I succeeded in creating the application, and what I found interesting is, it
seems that if I run the application from Terminal, no menu
would be shown (the Windows still work fine). The only way to have the menus working properly is to create an Application.app directory structure, and run from Finder. Apps with static Nibs work fine both running from Terminal
and Finder.

Again I'm doing this only to understand how the system works. Did I miss
something or it's just the way the framework was designed?

http://lapcatsoftware.com/blog/2007/05/16/working-without-a-nib-part-1/

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.