On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Marcel Weiher <marcel.wei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Heck, Google does it with Chrome, so
> it must be good, right? ;-)

If they continue this in Chrome for the Mac, I expect it will go
nowhere.  Chrome's adoption consists largely of, and is entirely due
to, technically-savvy early adopters.  The kind who have dozens of
browser windows open with tens of tabs in each.  If each of these is
consuming a process, they will find Chrome unusable on their machines
and will therefore ignore it.

Recently, I had to quit Safari.  Safari told me I had 17 windows open
for a total of 62 tabs.  I know Google's whole concept is that you
need no app other than your browser, but in the real world that's not
the case, and I imagine had I been using a Mac version of Chrome my
system would have surreptitiously stopped working.

--Kyle Sluder