The Chicago CocoaHeads / Chicago Cocoa and WebObjects User Group is holding our next meeting Tuesday, April 14th, at 7:00 PM at the Apple Store on Michigan Ave.

 Agenda:
        - Dave Dribin's Version Control Shootout
        - adjournment to O'Toole's

        When:
                Tuesday, April 14th, 7:00 PM

        Where:
                Apple Store Michigan Avenue
                679 North Michigan Ave. (at the corner of Huron & Michigan Ave.)
                Chicago, IL 60611
                http://tinyurl.com/Michigan-Ave-Apple-Store   (Google Maps URL)

- Dave Dribin

Version control systems have seen a lot of innovation during the last couple of years, and distributed version control systems have been taking the world by storm. This presentation will start with a brief history of version control systems, and then cover the current state of the art, highlighting the recent advances of DVCSs such as Git, Mercurial, and Bazaar.

- O'Tooles

We will continue our discussions at our local watering hold Timothy O'Toole's at 622 Fairbanks (2 blocks east of the store).

We also wish to thank the folks who run the theater space at the Apple store for letting us have our meetings there, and Jonathan 'Wolf' Rentzsch for helping out so often. Thanks all.

Also, if you are working on a project and would like to talk about it briefly / promote it, I think it would be fun for people to hear about other people's projects. Please email me off line and you can talk at a future meeting or would like a book to review we would welcome that too.

Future meetings dates and tentative topics:  3/10/09, 4/14/90

CAWUG Resources

        Mail list: http://groups.google.com/group/cawug
        Google Site: http://groups.google.com/group/cawug
        RSS feed: http://groups.google.com/group/cawug/feed/atom_v1_0_msgs.xml

     http://ical.mac.com/chicagobob/Chicago-CocoaHeads-CAWUG
     webcal://ical.mac.com/chicagobob/Chicago-CocoaHeads-CAWUG.ics

Cocoa Heads web site:
        http://cocoaheads.org/us/ChicagoIllinois/index.html

Hope to see you at the meeting.

-Bob