On Apr 13, 2009, at 9:18 AM, Luca C. wrote:

2009/4/13 Luca Ciciriello <luca_cicirie...@hotmail.com>

I've created an application with a button "Exit" and I've connected it with
the method:

- (IBAction)exitApp:(id)sender
{
      // TODO
}

Now my question is: "Which call I have to do to quit my application instead
of // TODO?"
Is there a NSsomething to call?

[[NSApplication sharedApplication] terminate:self];

Also, in this simple case, the button can directly target the application object with the terminate: action. That is, the above - exitApp: method is an action method. So is -[NSApplication terminate:]. It is an action method for the very purpose of being connected to UI elements via the target-action mechanism.

Cheers,
Ken