Hi everyone,

I am using the Better Authorization Sample code from Apple in one of my projects, and I'm seeing a weird behavior on Tiger. I could only test so far on 10.4.11, so I can't say if it happens from 10.4.6 (minimum for BAS) all the way.

After a reboot, if I start either my app or the BAS sample, I'm able to perform an action (com.molowa.Kaohi.writePolicy) with an associated rule 'default' supposed to require administrative credentials, without entering a password. It looks as if the right is granted as per the 'allow' policy.

However, if after this I destroy my rights, and try again, the behavior works as expected, requesting admin credential though a dialog before proceeding. It also always works fine after this. Quitting and restarting the application still pops up the dialog before performing admin actions.

It only happens this one time after the machine is booted, on Tiger (10.4.11). I'm running as an admin user (i.e. allowed to administer this computer) but I don't explicitly authorize com.molowa.Kaohi.writePolicy during login.

Could it be granted as a result of my login credentials?

I'm a bit puzzled as to what might happen, it does not affect Leopard.

Has anyone heard or experienced such a problem?

Many thanks for your help
Oli./.