On Apr 14, 2009, at 5:22 PM, Harry G wrote:

Hi, I'm currently writing an app for iphone that downloads large tables of text and images , and my server outputs big endian.

How significant would the extra processing be to convert to small endian on the iPhone?

I'm sure most of you would recommend doing the conversion on the server side, but the guy in charge of the server is having time off, so looking at alternative possibilities.

The answer probably depends on the amount of data you are working on...

Your best bet would be to implement it on the phone and then use Shark to measure performance.

Dave