On Apr 15, 2009, at 12:19 AM, Micha Fuhrmann wrote:

I'm bumping against KVC, indirectly. I've got a dictionary with first character keys, each object of the key is an Array with objects. So key "b" of my Dictionary is an array with file objects' name starting with the letter "b".

The problem comes up when users have file names starting with the character "@".

I'm calling [nameIndexesDictionary @"@"] and getting

What does the code say, exactly. That's not valid Obj-C.

[<NSCFDictionary 0x2729830> valueForUndefinedKey:]: this class is not key value coding-compliant for the key .'

What can I do about it? Any help appreciated.

@ is a key path operator. Is the dictionary bound to something, where use of KVC is required? If not you should probably use -objectForKey:. This avoids interpretting the key with KVC rules.

Jim