Currently, I'm using CFStringTransform to convert Java-based strings files (JBoss .properties files) to something human-readable for verification.
Works brilliantly.
Luckily, these files are short and this function is super fast.
This enables me to naively take all the text of a file provided or copied and pasted and convert it whole in one pass.

My question is, will this function handle AttributedStrings? Presumably not.
Is there a lazy way to handle this ?
(since this function is super good about recognizing and transforming only string ranges that it targets) or is it going to require me coming up with an equivalently clever way of determining the ranges of attribute runs to make this practical??

I can certainly do it, but I am sure if there is a CF or NS way of it, that it is already more clever than anything I would come up with.