To implement a fast (scan) forward or backward, simply set the movie's playback rate to a value greater than 1.0 ( or -1.0 for going backward). You'll want to experiment with want looks best for you, but a typical value might be 2.0, 4.0, 8.0... you get the picture.

Depending on how you want to the user to interact with your fast forward or fast backward buttons, you'll want to create an action that interprets the button's click, then determines when to start the movie playing at the "scan" rate.

later,

douglas