Hello list,

I've created a subclass of NSOutlineView, MyEditorOutlineView (implements only textDidEndEditing: and keyDown:). When a row is being edited, I'd like the escape key to stop editing. I'm having trouble working with the field editor.

I implemented - (BOOL)control:(NSControl *)control textView: (NSTextView *)textView doCommandBySelector:(SEL)command in MyEditorOutlineView, thinking that the outline view would be the field editor's delegate, and so this method would be called. It's not called. I'm unsure how to check the field editor's delegate, or if I'm even on the right track.

I was also thinking about returning a custom field editor for instances of MyEditorOutlineView, and having the field editor handle ESC itself. This seems like overkill with all the delegate methods available, though.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-- Kevin

Kevin Gessner
http://kevingessner.com