I'm creating an NSPopUpButtonCell programatically.

To show the menu I invoke -[NSPopUpButtonCell performClickWithFrame:inView:]. It works -- however after the menu has popped up, been clicked and dismissed,

  - Timers in the main thread stop firing
  - Keyboard equivalents fail silently

Operation does not return to normal until the user clicks another control TWICE. It seems to me that the UI is "sleeping" and that the first click is necessary to "wake" it.

Is there a name for this state when the UI is "sleeping"? Maybe if I knew that I could research how to fix it. Of course, a fix would be appreciated too :)

I guessed that the popup menu may still be "tracking" the mouse (although I don't really know what that means). However, invoking - cancelTracking does not help.

Also, invoking -attachPopUpWithFrame:inView: before performClickWithFrame:: does not help either. (I've never been able to find an explanation of what -attachPopUpWithFrame:inView: is supposed to do. As far as I can see it's a no-op.)

Jerry Krinock