Hi,

In my app's bundle I have two executables - the main one and an
auxiliary one, launched by the main executable. The aux executable is
a Distributed Objects server. In its main() function there's a simple
run loop that is intended to accept connection events:

while (!shouldTerminate)
{
        [[NSRunLoop currentRunLoop] runMode:NSDefaultRunLoopMode
beforeDate:[NSDate distantFuture]];
}

Everything works fine.

Now I want to use the aux executable additionally to show some UI
window. (I can't show the window in the main executable but have to do
it in the aux process because the aux process runs as root, and the UI
window is provided by a third party component that also must have root
permissions)

I added the corresponding function to the vended object interface, but
the result is not satisfactory.

The problem #1 is that although the desired UI window appears, it does
not accept mouse and keyboard input. I guess I haven't properly set up
the run loop, or window server, but I don't know how to do this for
such an auxiliary executable. Any hints would be welcome!

The problem #2 is that another application icon (the same as the main
app's) appears in the dock, and begins jumping. I've read in the docs
that I can suppress the dock icon if I set the LSUIElement property in
the Info.plist file, but there are two executables in the bundle, and
bundle's Info.plist is already taken by the main executable. If I
modify the main Info.plist, the main executable will not show its icon
in the dock, which is not the desirable effect. How do I provide
another Info.plist file for the auxiliary executable in the same
bundle?

Thanks.