On Apr 22, 2009, at 8:16 PM, Corbin Dunn wrote:

[...]
There is no way to replace the outlinecell

How could one then draw the disclosure triangle in white

Leopard has a bug with them looking too dark; that is a known issue, and it will be fixed. There is no easy way to make them white, but in the -willDisplayOutlineCell method you can replace the image on the NSButtonCell.

(and correctly centered vertically) instead of black/dark gray (and incorrectly centered)?

Override frameOfOutlineCellAtRow: and place it where you want.

Your solution works. Thanks.

The only issues I have with it are:

- independence of resolution lost: By using code, I was able to have independence of resolution through bezier path. By changing the images, I'm stuck with fixed size image. I don't have Illustrator to create a PDF version of the triangles.

- feedback is not perfect: The non highlighted images can be changed. The highlighted state can not be changed or tuned.

But since it now builds and runs in 64-bit, I can't really complain.