On 28.04.2009, at 22:58, Erg Consultant wrote:
Except in the case where one line of code creates the temp file and then another immediately uses it and deletes is - as in my case. There is zero chance the user could FUS faster than my 2 lines of code create and delete the file.

Wish that were true. You'd be surprised how fast some users manage to switch, or how a slow disk can cause the operation to pause long enough for FUS to be done.

And even if that weren't the case, keep in mind that there are various ways (VNC, AppleScript etc.) how a user could trigger the action on a switched-out user as well. This is Unix, we have remote logins.

Don't make assumptions just because you're lazy. Friends don't let friends hardcode absolute paths.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://www.zathras.de