On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 4:32 AM, ERG Consultant
<erg_consult...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> / has been in use since the inception of unix in 1970 that's 39 years. I
> seriously doubt it's going to change anytime soon. In 39 more years, i'll be
> dead.

Cocoa is derived from Openstep (or OPENSTEP, or OpEnStEp, depending on
the state of the caps lock key in the marketing department at the
time).  Openstep has run on a multitude of platforms, including
Microsoft Windows.  This is why the API exists.  With the API you also
get bonuses like proper concatenation of non-delimiter-terminated
paths with relative paths.

In other words, why not just use the damn API?  It's not like you need
to deposit a coin to make a function call.

--Kyle Sluder

P.S. Apologies for the pun.
P.P.S. If you did have to pay per call, how much more expensive would
a far call be?  :)