On 05/05/2009, at 4:05 PM, Weydson Lima wrote:

When you add a NSNumber object, how can you quickly reference back to it? Let's say you want to find the index in the array of the object you just created. If you use indexOfObject:[NSNumber numberWithInt:7] that wouldn't
work, right?

No it wouldn't, but for the much more obvious reason that indexOfObject: takes a simple scalar integer as the index parameter.

Because a new pointer is being created...
I'm actually working with a NSDictionary which I am having
troubles referencing back to a key.

Well, what is the trouble? Wrapping integers in an NSNumber ought to work, as would using a string key based on [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%d", myInteger"];

If your index keys are continuous and unique, wouldn't an array be a better fit? (Sparse indexes do fit OK with dictionaries though).

--Graham