> Does the app "just work" for a long while when the same user restarts
> it?

No, sorry about being unclear. What I meant was that the app has been
installed & working for a while since the last update, that users typically
leave it running for days on end. But this is happening immediately after
start up. User launches program, logs in, tries to select a menu item,
crashes...

> Are other users using the app for as long without restarting it?  Same
> activity level?  Anything different about the user's usage habits or
> their particular machine?   Anything interesting about the crash
> report (unexpected libraries linked in)?

Yes. Yes. No. No.

In fact, 2 machines with the same software, 3 feet apart, 2 users sharing a
counter, and doing the same job, using the same subset of app features.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_r...@killerbytes.com